Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Catching up...

Oh my goodness!!  I CANNOT believe that its been over 6 months since i've updated our blog!

Obviously, we've been super busy!! So here's a quick run down of the events the past 6+ months:

1. Taylor & I got tattoo's: Taylor got a cross on his ribs - i got "Walk by faith" on my foot.

2. April birthdays: Taylor turned 17 and Maylynn 6

3. Easter :)

4. Brayden went to Jr. high camp

5. My brother & I visited my grandma Huston a week before she passed away.  We were so thankful to see her 1 last time.

6. I (Kirsten), went to the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit in Tennessee.

7.  Taylor & Lance went to San Jose for Taylor to participate at the Pacific District Usa Hockey camp

8.  My aunt Shirlee visited from AZ

9.  Brayden's swim meet during Memorial Day Weekend

10.  Maylynn "graduated" from my K5 class at Calvary Christian School

11.  Maylynn had her first dance recital

12.  The girls had a blast at Vacation Bible School

13.  a few more swim meets...

14.  Taylor went to USA Hockey national camp and did great!

15.  Our sweet family friend had a terrible fall at camp - most of the rest of our summer was helping their family...

16.  Went tent camping for the first time at La Wis Wis - it was GREAT!!

17.  Had several Heart For The Fatherless Benefit Planning mtgs

18.  We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary by going white water rafting in the White Salmon River.

19.  I got a position teaching 2nd grade full time at Calvary Chapel School.

20.  Taylor was traded to the Tri-City Americans - a huge blessing and answer to prayer - however, it was a stressful time not knowing what was going on...

21.  School began:  Taylor a Sr. at Kamiakin, Brayden a Freshman at Kamiakin, Hayleigh in 2nd grade at Ridgview (mrs. McKintire), Maylynn in 1st grade at Ridgeview (mrs. Holte)

22. HFTF Benefit Dinner was help on Sept. 28th  - we raised over $15,000 for local families adopting

23.  Interspersed in the above events were various mtgs, support groups & activities for our non profit - Heart For the Fatherless

24.  Brayden & I had a birthday the beginning of October...

And that about sums it up....  I might try to find some pics :)

No comments: