The Vickerman Family - A Year in Review... Merry Christmas!!!
I didn't have a chance to write a letter this year, so here is a "list" of a few things that we did this past year... If you want the FULL story, just go down the page a little to the archive tab and you can view the original posts:)
- Celebrated Lance's bday
- Attended Taylor's many hockey games
- We had a family ice skating day - super fun:)
- Hayleigh started Swim lessons
- Lance & Hayleigh attended the Father-Daughter Ball
- Brayden had is first swim meet with the Catfish team - a recreational team at the TCCC
- More hockey...
- Lance decided to come out of retirement and coach Brayden's Minor B baseball team
- Brayden discovers that he loves playing catcher
- Taylor begins 7th gr. baseball at DHMS but attends Calvary Christian School - so mom has to be a taxi driver:(
- Kirsten organizes the CCS Middle school "Spring Social"
- Taylor celebrates his bday early with 2 buddies at Silver Mtn.
- Kirsten, Hayleigh, Gma B., Gma V. & Gma Jordahl attend a Dessert/Tea party and Kirsten & Hayleigh get to model some clothes
- Brayden has a chorus concert
- Easter Traditions - easter eggs and egg hunt
- Taylor turns 13! and is taller then his parents!!
- Kirsten goes to Texas to attend the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit and comes back with Tons of ideas on how to do a conference here - so, she starts planning:)
- Taylor has more hockey tournaments and baseball
- We had to buy a new water heater:(
- Lance attended the Men's church retreat
- Hayleigh had a preschool program on her last day...
- We finally made it to the final stages of the adoption process to bring Maylynn home! Click on her name to see our website for our journey to bring her home:)
- Schools out for the summer
- Swimming at Gma & Pa B's house
- More baseball for both boys
- More hockey for Taylor - our family went to Vancouver to watch him and to see the Aquarium
- Brayden qualified for the Regional Hershey Track meet - but i think he got sick and wasn't able to go... i don't remember...
- Joined the TCCC
- Brayden had several summer swim team meets for the Catfish team and did great!
- We had a great time with friends for the 4th of July
- Taylor's hockey team played at Whistler -the whole family went... we saw black bears, went Peak to Peak on the gondola, swam and of course watched some good hockey!
- Taylor went to the International Development Tournament Camp but got sick after a few days and had to come home early:(
- Lance & I traveled to China to bring Maylynn home!
- Came home from China on Aug. 6th - settled down at home for most of the month with Maylynn
- Lots of Dr. appts.
- Jet Skiing at Howard Amon
- Hayleigh had swim lessons
- Taylor's regular season hockey team began - he plays for Kent Valley Elite Bantam
- Hayleigh back to school
- No work for Kirsten b/c of state wide Community college budget cuts - but she was blessed with a tutoring job!
- Taylor started his discipleship group and continues his guitar lessons...
- Lance fills a big Disciple's Cross order!
- Brayden turns 11 yrs.!
- Kirsten celebrated her bday and went to the women's church retreat
- Brayden made the Channel Cat swim team (competitive team)
- Taylor had hockey in Canada and was named Asst. Captian
- Our family had fun at the pumpkin patch!
- Lance & Kirsten (with the help of the orphan ministry) organized an Orphan conference that was fairly successful and fun!
- Brayden had a swim meet with the Channel Cats..
- We spent Thanksgiving in Canada but we were able to stay at our condo and bake a turkey! Yummo!
- We sold our crosses at our church bazaar - it was fun and profitable:)
- The boys heard of a very cold wave of weather coming our way and began constructing an ice rink in the backyard - they were finally successful this year!
- Hayleigh turned 5 yrs.!
- Brayden had his first orchestra concert playing the violin and he had another swim meet
- Taylor and I traveled to Trail, BC for a hockey tournament
- The day after Christmas we are scheduled to go to Seattle for another hockey tournament and to visit some dear friends:)